Monday, February 14, 2011

$21 Challenge? Is it for real?



I'd like to think I am quite frugal in my ways however I still have fun. There was something I have been researching for a while now and I'm not sure if it is really possible especially with a family of 4 or so...however I am willing to give it a go.

Have you heard of the $21 challenge? The challenge is to spend ONLY $21 for the weeks worth of food. The sad thing is that I used to spend that amount per DAY just for me! The thought was sickening. $21 a day down the toilet, every day, on crap.

I was scouring through the internet trying to read up on what it was all about because I wasn't going to pay the $24.99 to buy the book (ironic?), here is a forum back in 2009 that holds a negative discussion about the $21 challenge, and here is a partial success story featuring Fiona Lippey, and here is the book itself.

I want to give it a go. I mean how hard can it be right? I'm a vegetarian edging into the vegan world so this is going to take alot of planning.

My next blog will have my complete shopping list for under $21 (give or take) and the recipes to go with it!
I'll have to shop tomorrow and blog each day as I do it.

I'm just afraid I'll starve by Thursday or something!

I will be up to date!



No comments:

Post a Comment