Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Enough about wasting, so how much do you save?




You already know how much you can waste, you see it go down the incinerator or straight out the door in a garbage bag by the load....so how much can you save? or re-use?

There are so many household items that you can re-use, especially if you're a family or even a bunch of roudy housemates.

I had a look at the amount of water bottles I was putting in the recycling bin. I'm a massive fan of cheap bottled water... I love it. But I have thrown out countless bottles out into the recycling bins week after week.

I was sifting through the internet and I don't know why I hadn't have thought of this before however, this site is amazing, Zitta's creations from a PET bottle are simply incredible.

I have all the bits and bobs to make the purse, I just needs to acquire the 20cm zipper strip and I'm set.

I'm actually really excited to have a go at it - I'll post the success as soon as I do it!


So what other things around the house can you recycle? What about that old jar of un-wanted buttons? I mean, what would you do with them? You can't really sew them ALL on something.... or can you? Have a look at this incredible idea!


What other things can we re-use? I'm going to think of different ways to re-use, mend, save items around the house as much as I can. And for a useful purpose! It's just so depressing reading up on the amount of waste that Australians produce alone.
So what about you all? I want to hear what you save, re-use and recycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment