Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NZ Quakes, St Kilda Scandal's, Frugal Bites

So much has happened today! Firstly I want to send love and hope to our fellow sister country New Zealand. Christchurch have had an awful earthquake with up to 65 confirmed dead and many more still missing. It is such a horrible thought to have lost alot all in a matter of 30 seconds.
I really want to donate - I have googled and found this. I'll keep my eye out for an onshore donation site for Australians to offer assistance.

Being frugal has its benefits. Benefits of helping others in a time of need. With just a week alone sticking to a rather frugal regime, I will able to donate more than I probably could have if I wasn't careful with my income.

It's just devestating looking at all the photographs online of the torn down buildings and all the people running through the streets lost and bewildered. It's just awful.

My heart goes out to the New Zealanders. Stay Safe.


On a ligher note, I wish this girl would not hog up the media! If you're in Australia and follow the AFL, you'll know who I'm talking about. She is grinding my gears oonly because she is plastered all over the media websites and social networks. You cannot escape her.

Despite all the bad news today, I still remained frugal and within my limits. Hmmmm...



Breakfast: Warm Soy Oats (Soy milk is starting to run out about now)

Lunch: Mashed Cauliflower and Brocolli rolled in with cooked rice and some grated radish... The mashed veggies kind of made it appetising by adding the milky effect to it. Quite tasty I might add (and very filling)

Dinner: Bananas, Oranges and Apples sliced and diced and thrown into a bowl with a sprinkle of cinnamon over the top of them. Oh that was such a lovely finish to the day.



My supplies are starting to run low... and given the amount that I have saved from this - I could probably allow my weekly spending to $30 in the future and get alot more out of the shopping lists and still save quite a bit.

I'm in the middle of writing up "Emergency Lists" of the vegan variety to have set aside for those "off weeks" when you really are running low on cash having to pay for the horror mobile phone bill, council rates or car registration. We've all been there!

What are your best frugal recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment